Death Wish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application - Prot Warrior

3 posters

Go down

Application - Prot Warrior Empty Application - Prot Warrior

Post  Oècon Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:36 am

Character information

Character Name:
Oécon

Armory link:
eu.battle.
net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/O%C3%A8con/simple
(had to make it into to lines sorry! As your website told me that i wasn't allowed to make external links - Sorry about that)

Primary Talent Spec: Protection
Secondary Talent Spec (If any): Well i had one, but that was because i had a multitarget tanking specc and a single target specc. But as this option has been removed i haven't chosen a new, as i never thought of doing DPS.

Analysis of Specc:
First Tier
Juggernaut - I can't really see another option as the other two talents not really help in raids
Second Tier
Impending Victory - Here I have taken this talent as I see it as an opportunity for extra healing in a difficult situation. While I think Enraged Regeneration costs too much Rage compared to what you get out of it
3rd Tier
Piercing Howl - This talent I think gives the best opportunity kite, Her i think of Elegons adds and other thrash situations.
4th Tier
Shockwave - The talent that I see have the best opportunity to catch a group of mobs quickly and easily + it has a small stun effect
5th Tier
Safeguard - Great for when i'm kiting. Great to throw on the second tank when OT. In addition, the CD so low that it almost can be up all the time
6th Tier
Avatar - Ultimately the best talent for warriors I've ever seen, it uses the first second going on a boss to get as much rage as possible, while it helps to damage reduction, etc..

Glyphs:
major:
Hold the line - 50% extra dmg on revenge after parry, do I need to say more?
Shield Wall - Think it's better with 20% extra dmg reduction even if it costs 2 minutes extra CD
Heavy Repercussions: Again buffer Revenge, which allows for more threat.

Minor:
There is really only one good glyph and that's - Intimidating Shout - that provides when making fear that adds not run around. This makes a sudden fear useful, at least in PvE sense.

Please mention if you would like to raid on more than one character. I don't think have enough time to do more raids than with this one :-)

Personal information

Nationality: Danish - as the rest of Ravencrest ;-)
Your Time Zone: +1

When are you usually online? Mostly during the eavning as i'm doing a lot things during day times + studying. But it won't be every eavning as i also have a girlfriend i like to send some time with aswell

We raid from 20.00-00:00PM (server time) on Wednesday and Sunday nights. Does that fit your schedule?
Yes it's perfect! I've made a deal with my girlfriend, who i live with, that dinner will be done early and that my raiding time will be respected 100%

Your PC/internet

My PC specc:

i5 - 3570k: OC to 4.5 Ghz
16 gb ram
Nvidia 670 GTX
P8Z77 - LX
500 HDD and 128 gb SSD (WoW is placed on the SSD)

Internet 50/10 mbit

Is your connection stable? Well it was! And it will be again! I hate it at the moment and i hate that i have to write this in my application, but my connection has some difficulties at the moment as my Internet provider has some problems with their server and has to replace a module in it. Should be fixed within a week so i hope it's not a problem.

Do you have Mumble and a working microphone and are willing to speak? Communication during raid is always essential

I have a working microphone, and i like to use it when it's necessary!
Never used Mumble, but always wanted to try it, can't be hard to make it work, so of course i will install it!

Do you use a Blizzard Authenticator?
Yes i do :-) It's so easy to use on your phone, so why not ? :-D

About you and raid experience

Classic: All raids except C'thun and parts of Naxx
TBC: All except Sunwell

WotLK and Cataclysm were mostly casual so nothing worth mentioning

What add-ons do you currently use for raids?
Omen
Bartender
Skada
DBM
Pitbull
Grid

Mostly i only use addons which helps me. Otherwise i like to have a clean UI, so i can have a good view of whats going on during raids

What is your raid experience including all Vanilla, BC, WotLK and Cataclysm raids. Name the class and spec you played for each one if different to your current Main character.

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving them?
I've only been in one during most of my WoW playtime, it was a guild called Sanctum on the server called The Maelstrom. There i cleared most of the classic content except C'thun and parts of Naxx.
This guild followed me during TBC, where i cleared everything except Sunwell.

WotLK and Cataclysm was the time i slacked and went Casual, but now i back in buisness and want a new guild to raid PvE with.

About you and your view on you class and World of Warcraft

Well i love the warrior class as i really like the role of being a tank, as the whole raid depends on you and your actions during the whole raid + it's you who sets the speed of the raid.
I don't know if you want a more specific analysis, but i have previously talked about my specc and why i choose the talents and glyph i did, and why i did it.

Why did you choose your class/spec?
As i said before i love to tank, and i think it's really me, if have to continue playing WoW, as i don't see myself deal dps. Maybe i want to go back to healing, as i found a lot of challange while being a healer.

What is your view on progress raids?
Love it! Love it! the worst part of WoW is when you have cleared anything and just wait for a new content to be released. But hey that's where achievements gets funny ;-)

What is your view on farm raids in periods where there is nothing to progress on?
Achievements! Achievements! and more Achievements!!! But i really hate it. Though i will show up, but on the other hand everything is a lot more relaxed during farm :-D

What do you think about raid related achievements?
I like to do them, as i see them as new challenges and i like to see new ways of killing bosses.

Anything important that you want to add? Write it here….
Not much. Well i know that you had your recruitment closed, but i thought what the heck.
Eventhough i should get declined i would love as much feedback as possible as i like to improve and know what to do differently later on

Last edited by Oècon on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Read it through and saw a few mistakes :-))

Oècon

Back to top Go down

Application - Prot Warrior Empty Re: Application - Prot Warrior

Post  purpleshadow Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:30 pm

Thanks very much for the application. Always nice to see an application when we dont spam trade recruiting. How did you find us?

We'll come back to you asap with decision.
purpleshadow
purpleshadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Oècon Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:00 am

Thanks very much for the application. Always nice to see an application when we dont spam trade recruiting. How did you find us?

We'll come back to you asap with decision.

First of all thanks for spending time on me and i will be looking forward for your answer! :-D
- About how i found you, i used wowprogress.com and simple looked up on guilds that i thought i would fit into and had the right progress for me. Not too hardcore and not too casual.

I can also see that i have forgot to mention (stupid me sorry!!) that i have also done 4/6 normal MsV + 2% whipes on Elegon.

But again i look forward to your answer, until that time feel free to ask more questions :-D

Oècon

Back to top Go down

Post  Moontear Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:40 am

do you have other characters or this is the one only? Smile

Moontear

Back to top Go down

Post  Oècon Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:02 am

I have played on a Priest and Paladin during Classic and TBC (which is the reason i miss some achievments). I stopped during Cataclysm and came back 2 weeks before MoP hit the street.

In WotLK i just lvl'ed this charc slowly as i went casual and did PuGs with my brother in ToG and ICC

Hope it won't change anything in a negative way, i just love my little warrior? :-P

Last edited by Oècon on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:04 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Had a little comment/question)

Oècon

Back to top Go down

Post  purpleshadow Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:24 am

Hi - I have been trying to whisper you in game but havent seen you online. Could you whisper me (purpleshadów or do /who death wish and whisper anyone who has shadow in the name Razz) the next time your online.
purpleshadow
purpleshadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down