Death Wish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colino - Rogue

5 posters

Go down

Colino - Rogue Empty Colino - Rogue

Post  Colino Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:49 pm

Character information

A Night Elf male Rogue, 220 days played of which 15 are on level 85, started near-end pre-TBC, raided pretty much everything after that at the max level at those times.

Character Name:

Colino

Armory link:

I'm not allowed to post external links since I'm a new member on the forums, but the name's Colino Smile

Primary Talent Spec:

Combat 7/31/3, an alternative version of the "standard" rogue combat spec, works well for me and I don't seem to lose major amounts of DPS on it.

Secondary Talent Spec (If any):

Combat 8/31/2, a build oriented for soloing raid instances/hard stuff. So more leaning towards survival instead of pure DPS

Do you have any alts you would like to join the guild? Please mention if you would like to raid on more than one character.

I have a mage that I started levelling here, level 58 atm, called Lyllyna

Personal information

Nationality:Dutch
Your Time Zone: GMT+1 (Amsterdam, Server Time)

When are you usually online?

weekdays around 16:00-00:00, weekends varies depending on working shifts

We raid from 19:30-23:30PM (server time) on Wednesday/Thursday and Sunday nights. Does that fit your schedule?

More then perfect!

Your PC/internet

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU @ 2.34GHz speed
Radeon HD 4870 Graphics card
19 inch Samsung monitor

Is your connection stable?

Stable connection, hardly ever any lag

Do you have "Ventrilo" and a working microphone and are willing to speak? (Cataclysm will have a lot of boss fights where communication seems to be the key)

Ventrilo, no working microphone at the moment, but I take direction very well

Do you use a Blizzard Authenticator?

Mobile Authenticator

About you and raid experience

Like i said in the start of the post: raided pretty much everything at max level at the time, this includes:

Karazhan
Gruul
Magtheridon
Zul'aman, missed timed by seconds many many many times (Frustrating to say the least)
Serpentshrine Cavern 5/6 2.4
Tempest Keep 3/4 pre-2.4
Black Temple 6/9 pre-2.4
Sunwell Plateau 0/6

Naxxramas 10 and 25 along with many achievements, Undying back when it was somewhat hard
Eye of Eternity 10 and 25
Obsidian Sanctum 10 and 25, 3 drakes somewhere in patch 3.3
Ulduar 10 and 25, Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10, Several hardmodes on 25 man
Trial of the Crusader 10 and 25, A tribute to Mad Skill 10 man
Icecrown Citadel 10 and 25 heroic excluding LK 10 HC and 25 HC

Blackwing Descent 5/6
Bastion of Twillight 4/4 no heroics
Throne of the Four Winds 1/2

What add-ons do you currently use for raids?

The usual i guess, DBM and Omen, it's all that I need

What is your raid experience including all Vanilla, BC, WotLK and Cataclysm raids. Name the class and spec you played for each one if different to your current Main character.

All previously named experience is earned on the Rogue

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving them?

Server transferred about a week ago from Vashj-EU, was in a guild called Wrath of Alliance there that used to be one of the leading 25 man raiding guilds back in the ICC days, but since Cata pretty much made 25 man raiding alot harder to accomplish and get people for, it switched to being a 10 man guild where there weren't enough people to make 2 groups, which led into 1 group consisting of the guildmaster and nearly all officers and veteran raid members raiding all week long, with everybody left out. No fun, So as of now I'm in "Let's group"

About you and your view on you class and World of Warcraft

I've always loved the rogue class from day 1, back in summer 2005 when i started playing. as for my view on World of Warcraft: I take it serious at times. Read: when raiding. To me there is nothing more frustrating then to wipe on a boss knowing that I'm the cause of it so I always come prepared with flasks, buff food, poisons, repaired, enchanted gear and strife to be the best in my role in the raid.

Why did you choose your class/spec?

Basicly it was clear that in TBC and early Wrath Combat was a clear win for everyone, then every rogue and their mums went sub for the stacking 5% crit, after that it seemed like a tie between Mutilate and Combat, Mutilate being 5% above combat when it comes down to single target DPS in an ideal situation (no moving, no downtime on the boss) so for me the reason to pick Combat was that with all the moving and possible downtime on bosses, was set in stone, and come to think of it, when there are more then 2 targets close to each other, Combat is unbeatable

What is your view on progress raids?

A way to kill time and do new stuff in a world where dailys and proffesions get bored when maxed out and done 50 days in a row, not to mention heroic modes cheers , the great statisfaction of killing a final boss or any boss on heroic mode is just so awesome and let's not forget: Shiny epix!

What is your view on farm raids in periods where there is nothing to progress on?

Good for gearing up the undergeared and/or alts when we have time left.

What do you think about raid related achievements?

Love em, I haven't mentioned this yet but, I'm an achievement and rep whore, and I will do anything in my power to someday get to that cap, so I can say, Yes! now I can go find me a life!

Anything important that you want to add? Write it here….

I saw that the application status for pretty much every class is closed, but I reckon that exceptional players get accepted for trial. So I do hope that I qualify as an exceptional player and get a chance to prove myself in raids and in the guild itself.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully I get the opportunity to prove myself Smile

Colino

Back to top Go down

Colino - Rogue Empty Re: Colino - Rogue

Post  valiry Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:15 am

Hi there

Ok first off im not currently playing but im still helping out with things.

Currently it will be hard to say if ull join on trial cos it might not be idea to get a rogue in but i/ we will ask u to hang on tight for a bit and we will get back to u with a reply

valiry

Back to top Go down

Post  Moontear Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:26 pm

hey Colino I have few questions:)
1) Why your gear is quite bad?
2) Why you have Alchemy & Herbalism as a rogue?
3) Checked boss kills, well you playing since Pre-tbc, and you most of them killed once, how this can be?

Moontear

Back to top Go down

Post  Colino Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:56 pm

Hi moontear I'll try to answer those questions as clear as possible

1) Personally I wouldn't consider it bad, but like I stated in the apply, my guild went to a 10 man raiding format instead of a 25 man one, leaving me unable to join the 10 man, nor to pug raids (this was on Vashj, where the alliance side is A: underpopulated and B: overall very very very bad) So I did not quite had the chance to gear up well until the Zandalari heroics came around.
2) This was more of a choice based on what i felt was cool to have and to supply myself with instead of a pure DPS choice, obviously I could drop herbalism for something like Leatherworking or JC, but seeing as haste is one of the best stats for a rogue to have, and Lifeblood is a 480 haste increase for 20 seconds every 2 minutes, It's not that bad as some people might think it is.
3) The Armory checks boss kills from the point that achievements were implented, so at the time I had not killed anything Pre-TBC and thus did not have the achievement, hence me killing the bosses once in order to get the achievement

Colino

Back to top Go down

Post  Oziriz Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:48 am

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Colino/simple for the lazy people

Hey mate,

First of I'm just a Member, so I have 0 say in if you could join or not, but I've reviewed hundredths of applications in my time so I would like to give my few cents.

I read your application and it looks very nice to me. Good to see someone put effort into something, I like that. I think your gear is pretty decent considering what you said about your guild going 10 man on a very low populated server. Quite sad how some people have to be let go for a 25 to 10 man switch, loyal people who have been with the guild a while (I assume you were).

Good to see you got at least experience from TBC, I find that very important. Maybe you didn't get to kill Vashj/Kael but it's better than nothing, also Ulduar 25 man hard-modes count a lot in my book. It shows you have at least an understanding of what raiding really is.

It seems everything would be perfect, except maybe your gear (for heroic content). But personally I don't really care that much about it as long as you know what you are doing. You seem like a nice guy, which to me counts the most. It's really easy to gear someone up. Especially since very little people need stuff from normal mode anymore.

I wish you good luck with your application, I hope the Officers seriously consider you, I know I would. But of course if they think we can't give you a fair spot then, oh well. You never know what "those" Officers are cooking up in their private channel! Very Happy

Also, who give a crap about professions, I have never cared about that. I kinda get annoyed with people who start the "what's optimal for raiding profession" b/s (not attacking anyone, just a general opinion).

Oziriz

Back to top Go down

Post  valiry Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:12 am

Hey oz if u wanna know what we are cooking up, i can tell u we perfect a new recipe for gnome jelly tar tar. The secret ingrediant to make it tas good is 90% tauren cos gnomes just tast crap...

valiry

Back to top Go down

Post  Colino Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:26 am

Thanks for the kind words Oz!

Colino

Back to top Go down

Post  Oziriz Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:13 am

valiry wrote:Hey oz if u wanna know what we are cooking up, i can tell u we perfect a new recipe for gnome jelly tar tar. The secret ingrediant to make it tas good is 90% tauren cos gnomes just tast crap...

Hahaha, I will willingly sacrifice myself for guild tar tar buff food! =D

Oziriz

Back to top Go down

Post  Szilia Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:33 am

You'll regret having said those words one day Ozi!Smile

Anyawys, sorry for the long wait Colino. We'll get back to you very shortly.

Szilia

Back to top Go down

Post  Szilia Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:50 am

He Colino,

I'm sorry but we're decided to decline your application. There's various reasons for this, but the primary being that your gear just doesn't cut he. With us now being done with normal mode, our focus it on hardmodes and they've proved to require a great deal of dps - something we're struggling with at times. Hence we don't think it's a good time to add an undergeared player to our lineup.
We'll wish you the best of luck finding a good guild. But also be aware that Ravencrest has good opportunities for puggers, if you want to start gearing up right away.
Also, it was truly a great application and I'm sorry that we can't take you in.

//Szilia

Szilia

Back to top Go down

Post  Colino Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:35 pm

Ah, that's a shame

No worries. thanks for taking the time to read/review my application and I wish all of you the best in your future endeavors!

Colino

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down